Monday, August 21, 2006

"in a bullet proof vest with the windows all closed, I'll be doing my best and I'll see you soon..."

-Coldplay

My throat has been really sore, but I don't think I'm getting sick. I think I have officially come to the conclusion that I have a dairy intolerance. I didn't start noticing my throat problems until I got to SOU, and my voice was always scratchy and my throat always hurt. Since I worked at the library five days a week for four years, Nancy took note of it and started asking me why it always hurt, and I never figured it out. But looking back, I'm realizing that I had a cheese sandwhich almost every day in college! (Protein that is easy to carry in my backpack). And now I've been noticing that as soon as I have anything that is dairy-ish, I feel like I'm coming down with something. I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I'm becoming more and more sure that it is dairy related.

Anyways, I didn't just tell that oh-so-exciting story for no reason. I told it because my throat is sore, and that made me want Top Ramen when I got back from volunteering today. The broth just sounded really good. So I started boiling some Ramen and then went over to the piano to play as the noodles boiled. I started working on the Chopin Etude that I'm trying to learn, and I guess I was a little too focused. Because I suddenly noticed a not-nice odor in the apartment, and I also noticed that there was a decent amount of smoke filling the room.

Yep, I burned the Top Ramen. Then I opened all the windows, but as I was doing so, the smoke alarm went off. Sigh.
Don't worry folks. Everything is under control.

What, you don't believe me?

Whatevuh.

I'm going to go make vegetable soup now. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Good luck!

erinpesz said...

thanks! It went very well! The alphabet noodles turned out lovely!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I just had a choking incident at work today after I ate some cheese. We might be related!!!
:)Nancypants

erinpesz said...

silly-face. :)