Sunday, May 20, 2007

"You risk tears if you let yourself be tamed."

-The Little Prince

Melissa's 21st birthday was last night, so Rayana, Rochelle and I met up with her and went to several bars in Belltown and Capital Hill. It had been a very long time since the four of us were together, so that made me happy. It was lots of fun.

(Left to Right: Melissa, Rochelle, Rayana, meee)

Emily came over this afternoon and we watched Wonder Boys and did cross-stitch. Kat moved out yesterday and there won't be any furniture in my apartment for a month, so I put a bunch of blankets on the floor and made a cozy place to sit. Martha Stewart would be jealous.


I'm sitting in my room right now. My window is open and it is raining and I'm listening to a mix CD that I got from Jessica in the mail yesterday. I have so many mix tapes and CDs that Jessica has made for me, and I always love them. The CD that I got yesterday is probably the last CD that I will get from Jessica for a couple of years. She left this morning for a two-year job with the Peace Core. I'm excited for her because she has been wanting to do this since I became friends with her six years ago, but I am also feeling sad. Jessica is always the person that I call to to talk to about nothing and everything. For the first time in six years, I don't have the luxury of knowing that no matter what is going on, my Jessica is only a phone call away. The reality of it still hasn't completely set in, but in the last 48 hours it has been hitting me in waves. She was texting me, but she didn't call, probably because it would've been too hard to really say good-bye.

Part of me wants time to hurry and heal this, to make this sad feeling go away. Then again, I kind of want to hold on to it, I want to keep missing her so I don't forget one of the best friends that I have ever had, so I don't forget how much we love each other. Time can heal things, but time can also lose things. Time can be scary.

I already miss her, so much.


1 comment:

Moonwriter said...

Life is freaking terrifying.