Saturday, November 04, 2006

"Another turning point,a fork stuck in the road, time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go, so make the best of this test and don't ask why"

-Green Day, Good Riddance

I talked to Mommy today and she had just got back from a Memorial for a friend of the family that recently passed away. His name was Chris, and he was a sweet, happy man that I have known for most of my life. I went to school with one of his sons, he was a good friend of my mom's, and he gave my sister her first job. He was diagnosed with cancer not too long ago, and it hit him pretty fast. The doctors had origionally told him that he only had two months to live, but he managed to prove them wrong and stay with us for a bit longer.

The last time that I saw him was at Lora's wedding in September. He came up to me to say Hi, and I honestly didn't recognize him at all. He literally was skin and bones. Luckily he was with his wife, so I put it together and realized it was him. He was so happy to see me, and he was smiling and he asked me if my mom was going to be there and I said yes and he looked so happy. That is my last memory of him, out in the woods, watching Lora get married. His wife told me later that day that he had just recently decided to stop his treatments, so I wasn't terribly shocked today when I found out that he died.

Still though, it's sad.

I feel like this whole year has been one thing after another and that I'm supposed to be learning something right now and that it should be clear to me what that is, but instead I just feel cloudy.

No comments: