Sunday, September 03, 2006

"I've been trying to nod my head but it's like I've got a broken neck..."

-Rilo Kiley

Allow me to state for the record that I have been a very very busy poodle. I still haven't had
time to unpack my things! And I have lived here for a month! Geesh. This last week has been pretty crazy. I am the only baker at the store now, since Rochelle leaves for Europe in the morning, so I am going to be having alot more responsibility then I did before, but it's all good because I love love love baking and now that I'm the only baker, I'll get to do it twice as much! Mondays are going to be really hard this month, because I volunteer in the mornings and then go straight to work until 9:45 PM. But I requested it that way, so now I'll have two full days off.

I went to hear Ben's band play the other night. He got us in for free, and our drinks were free too. Mei and Brian, two peeps from the SOU music department were in town. I was never really close with them, but it was still fun to see them and to hang out for a bit. I ended up crashing at Ben and Kai's place that night, since we were out until a little after 3 AM. It was a fun night, and really great to see Ben play. It had been a long time.
This morning I hung out with Amber for a bit, which was nice. Then I came home and practiced for a couple of hours, then went to the U-district and met up with Scotty and Rebecca to eat at Johnny Rockets. For some reason, Love Shack was playing on a loop, and I have come to the conclusion that it had a very strange effect on Scotty, Rebecca, and I. (Because, you know, we're usually sooo normal).
After we finished dancing and singing, we went to Starbucks to meet with our Seattle Grey School friends. Kai joined us because she is interested in joining the school. I had a really really great time sitting and talking with everybody. And Kai seemed to enjoy herself even more than I thought she would, which made me really happy. We were there for a few hours, and it was great fun. If tomorrow wasn't going to be a 13 hour day, I would've wanted to stay all night!
Yayyy. My blog is updated, and now I can go to bed. Good night.

No comments: